Magnet Marketing Solutions has four goals in place to incorporate sustainability in how we operate our business.
- Maximise recycling and move towards zero waste landfill
We promote reuse of materials wherever possible and work with Oxigen Environmental to recycle all our paper and cardboard.
- Minimise energy use
We operate a “last out, lights off” policy in our offices and warehouse. We use low energy/LED lighting where possible. Space heating is operated on a timed basis at low temperatures.
- Minimise Transport/Impact of it
We operate a car pooling system and remote office access. We use video conferencing and minimise air travel where possible. We use efficient forms of sea and road haulage to transport our products.
- Lower Carbon Footprint of Supply Chain
We have ongoing dialogue and reviews with our suppliers to minimise the carbon
footprint of our products both in terms of materials used and transport used.
Magnet Marketing Solutions is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its clients and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
While value is a key requirement, we fully appreciate that sourcing sustainably produced products is important to our customers:
- Use of Recycled Materials
We rely on the primary producers of our products to use recycled materials to the fullest
extent possible. We understand that a larger portion of recycled plastic polymers are
being used by manufacturers as the availability and quality of these materials improves.
- Fair Trade
We support the use of products (e.g. cotton) produced in line with the Fair Trade
principles of offering better trading conditions to, and securing the rights of,
marginalised producers and workers.
- Re-Use of Product Left Overs
Product left overs are a perfect re-use opportunity for other users.
We avoid waste of materials where at all possible.
Magnet Marketing Solutions is a member of SEDEX.
Sedex is a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in ethical and responsible business practices in global supply chains.
Website address: www.sedexglobal.com